Upcoming Professional Events
Thursday, July 16, 2020
Time: 12:00 am - 4:00 pm
The Introduction to Trusts and Estates Conference provides an understanding of the varieties of taxes and tax issues applicable to gratuitous transfers by individuals and trusts and estates. Key topics include:
- The fundamentals of the estate tax, gift tax, and generation-skipping transfer tax, including inclusions and exclusions, common valuation issues, and typical resolutions
- Fundamentals of estate and trust planning for individuals and families of modest to ultra-high net-worth
- The ancillary impact of the estate tax rules including basis rules applicable to assets distributed from the estate to beneficiaries
- The basics and differences in planning before and after death, with emphasis on the relationship of the gift tax to the estate tax and planning opportunities involving spouses and family members
- Income tax planning in estates, trusts, and beneficiaries
Join Littman Krooks founding partner, Bernard A. Krooks, Esq., for Session III: Asset Preservation and Protection for the Wealthy and the Wise (3:00 pm – 4:00 pm): Preserving wealth from predators other than tax collectors has become an increasingly important part of a practitioner’s advice kit. This session explores the fundamentals of domestic asset protection for individuals seeking to avoid potential creditors and advice and techniques for asset preservation for the moderately wealthy looking to plan for long term health needs.
Registration is required for this event. Register for this event here.