Make an Appointment with an Attorney

Schedule an appointment

(914) 684-2100 White Plains

(212) 490-2020 NYC

Setting Up A Special Needs Trust for a Family Member with Disabilities

By:  Bernard A. Krooks, Certified Elder Law Attorney Generally speaking, there are two kinds of special needs trusts. Those set up to handle money owned by the beneficiary (like a personal injury or medical malpractice settlement, for instance) are usually called first party special needs trusts.  Those set up by someone other than the beneficiary, to handle money not belonging to the beneficiary, are usually called third party special needs …

Read More