Large Firm Service. Small Firm Attention.
Being Prepared In Challenging Times
Published March 23, 2020
At Littman Krooks, our mission is to foster the dignity, success and independence of our clients by providing the highest level of legal services in a caring, compassionate and ethical manner. We strive to make a positive impact in the lives of our clients and their families.
Being prepared in all areas of our lives is vital. Without sounding alarmist or opportunistic, this message is especially important now and is consistent with our mission. When faced with a crisis, it is critical that everything is in place. This holds particularly true for our older and more vulnerable clients, as well as clients with disabilities.
If you have not put crucial documents such as a Health Care Proxy, a Power of Attorney, Living Will and Last Will and Testaments in place – or have not updated these documents recently – perhaps now is the time.
Are you confident that your affairs are in order? If your answer is no, rest assured that we are here to help. We are able to get work done without interruption of services and provide you some peace of mind in an otherwise chaotic time. Although our physical offices are closed temporarily, we are operating remotely at full capacity. We are able to respond to your needs and questions through teleconferencing, videoconferencing, and/or emailing. Some of these options may seem daunting or intimidating but we will walk you through the process and make it as easy as possible for you.
If you’re uncertain about what you need to do, ask yourself:
- Do I have the necessary documents should I become ill or incapacitated?
- Do my current documents still reflect my wishes?
- Do my current documents still appoint the right people to make decisions on my behalf?
- Do my current documents reflect any changes in the law?
- Do my current documents reflect any changes in my family structure?
- Do my current documents include a Letter of Intent for information and care for my child with a disability?
- Do I have the proper documents to assist my young adult family member in a health care emergency, such as a Power of Attorney?
Please reach out by contacting us here. We are here to help and provide support.
Corporate & Securities
Elder Law & Estate Planning
Special Needs Planning
Special Education Advocacy