Elizabeth focuses her practice in elder law, guardianships, trusts and estates, special needs planning and asset protection. She is a frequent presenter to consumer and professional groups addressing the legal and financial issues affecting our senior population.
- Asset Protection Planning
- Elder Law
- Estate Planning
- Medicaid Planning
- Real Estate
- Special Needs Planning
- Trust and Estate Administration
- New York
- New Jersey
- University of Pennsylvania
- City University of New York Law School
- NYSBA member
- Member of the Elder Law and Trust & Estates Sections (NYSBA)
- Co-chair of the Diversity Committee (NYSBA)
- District Delegate (NYSBA)
- Member of New York County Lawyer’s Association
- Member of Dominican Bar Association
Elizabeth Valentin is a partner with the law firm of Littman Krooks LLP. Ms. Valentin’s practice focuses on elder law, Medicaid planning, special needs planning, guardianships, asset protection planning, real estate, trust and estate administration and estate planning.
She is a frequent presenter to consumer and professional groups as well as advocacy organizations addressing the legal, financial and other related issues which affect our senior population.
Elizabeth is certified as an Elder Law Attorney (CELA®) by the National Elder Law Foundation (NELF).
She is a member of the New York State Bar Association (NYSBA), the Elder Law and Trusts & Estates Sections of the NYSBA, the New York County Lawyer’s Association and the Dominican Bar Association. Ms. Valentin is currently serving on the Executive Committee of the Elder Law Section as Co-Chair of the Diversity Committee
Elizabeth received her undergraduate degree from the University of Pennsylvania and her Juris Doctor degree from the City University of New York School of Law.
She speaks fluent Spanish and presents to Spanish speaking seniors in partnership with various advocacy organizations.
Elizabeth is a freelance photographer. She founded the not-for-profit organization Ojitos, which teaches photography to inner city children who are survivors of domestic violence.
Elizabeth is married and the mother of a beautiful baby girl.
- Planning for an Aging Propulation (Bloomberg BNA)
- Elder Abuse and the Court System: Oil and Vinegar? (American Bar Association, Vol. 25 No. 2)
- Serving Vulnerable Elders and Their Families (CUNY School of Law; Spring 2013, Paul Lin)
- The Role of Counsel (Reprinted with permission from: Elder and Special Needs Law Journal, Spring 2013, Vol.23, No.2, published by the New York State Bar Association, One Elk Street, Albany, NY 12207.)