Upcoming Professional Events
Thursday, April 25, 2019 - Friday, April 26, 2019
The Kansas City Estate Planning Symposium is dedicated to producing an outstanding educational seminar for professionals.
The symposium will be useful for
- Estate Planning Attorneys
- Business & Tax Attorneys
- Trust Officers
- Planned Giving Professionals
- Financial Planners
- Life Underwriters
Littman Krooks managing partner Bernard A. Krooks, Esq., will present on April 26, 2019 at 9:00 AM.
- “Are You Building a House of Cards?” Planning and drafting in anticipation of incapacity and disability can be like building on a shaky foundation. If the architect and contractors are not in step, the building may collapse. The same is true for estate planning. Drafting must be done with the planning objects in mind, particularly when the client or one of the beneficiaries is, or may become, incapacitated. This session will address how to provide flexibility in your documents to avoid building a house of cards.
Wednesday, May 1, 2019
Location: BNY Mellon Wealth Management, 701 Westchester Avenue, White Plains, NY 10604
Time: 8:00 am - 9:30 am
Littman Krooks partner Amy C. O’Hara, Esq., will present “Supplemental Needs Trusts – Everything You Want to Know, but are Afraid to Ask.”
Kate Maloney, SVP and Trust Services Director of Orange County Trust Company, and Amy C. O’Hara, Certified Elder Law Attorney and Partner with Littman Krooks LLP, will present an overview of the key things you need to know in this arena.
They will talk about:
- the different types of special needs trusts,
- the basics you need to be aware of that affect their eligibility for benefits,
- the considerations your clients need to be aware of in selecting trustees,
- the things you need to make sure are handled in properly administering the trust, and
- how the trust will be taxed.
Registration is required. COST: $40 (includes parking) | CREDIT CARD PAYMENTS ACCEPTED: MasterCard, Visa, Discover
DO NOT MAIL CHECKS TO THE ADDRESS ON YOUR RECEIPT.
Checks should be made payable to the Estate Planning Council of Westchester County, Inc. and mailed along with a copy of your online registration receipt to:
ESTATE PLANNING COUNCIL OF WESTCHESTER COUNTY, INC.
c/o Catherine M. Censullo, CPA, PFS
Censullo, Gupta & Associates, CPA, LLP
80 Business Park Drive, Suite 208
Armonk, NY 10504
Wednesday, May 15, 2019
Location: Hotel DuPont – Gold Ball Room, 42 W 11th St, Wilmington, Delaware 19801
Time: 5:00 pm - 7:30 pm
Wednesday, June 12, 2019
Time: 12:00 am - 2:45 pm
“Planning for Aging & Ill Clients” presented by Bernard A. Krooks – Founding Partner, Littman Krooks, LLP
This session will discuss issues of importance for your clients as they age, including issues relating to how to pay for illnesses, including long-term care. The speaker will address how to plan for incapacity and the various tools available to clients to protect their assets from the catastrophic costs of long-term care. The information learned at this session will be applicable to your entire client base and you will leave with an understanding of many helpful ideas and tools that your clients will appreciate.
- To learn about issues of importance to clients as they age and become ill.
- To learn how to plan for incapacity and how to pay for long-term care.
Registration information can be found here.