Upcoming Community Events
Sunday, February 24, 2019
Location: Arc of Westchester, 40 Saw Mill River Road, Hawthorne, New York 10532
Time: 10:30 am - 12:30 pm
*FAAHFA is a support group for families of adults with Asperger’s Syndrome, High Functioning Autism, PDD/NOS and related conditions.
Wednesday, March 6, 2019
Location: ArtsWestchester, 31 Mamaroneck Ave, White Plains, NY
Time: 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Walk with NAMI, build awareness and end stigma. This kick-off event is free to anyone who wants to create a NAMIWalks fundraising team. Attendees will learn about the event and the many opportunities to participate, have fun and give back.
Questions? Contact Marie Considine at firstname.lastname@example.org by February 15, 2019.
Thursday, March 7, 2019 - Sunday, March 10, 2019
Location: Sheraton New Orleans Hotel, 500 Canal Street, New Orleans, Louisiana 70130
Time: 12:00 am
Littman Krooks partner, Marion M. Walsh, Esq., to present.
Thursday, March 28, 2019
Time: 8:30 amA day of interactive and dynamic break-out sessions that will show how tech can help with:
- Daily living tasks
- A Healthy Day
- Getting Around
- Accessible Tech
- Work and Community
- Connecting Through Tech
- Lifelong Learning
- Feeding my spirit
Take a look at some of the topics and plan on attending those of interest to you:
- Strategies for implementation of AAC devices in school, home and the community
- Bridging the Gap Between AAC and Literacy
- There’s an App for That! The Use of Apps to Support Independence in IADL Functioning
- Apps for Living: Top Apps for Individuals & Students with Cognitive Disabilities
- Lifelong Learning using a multisensory approach – featuring UBI 0 Interactive products
- Social Media Smarts
- Getting “Skillful” with Alexa: Learning About Customization
- Apple Access Abilities: Designing for All Learners
- Key Assistive Features of Office 365 and Windows Platforms
- Exploring Microsoft Beyond Windows: Innovative Apps
- TeleHealth Presentation
- Necessity is the Mother of Invention
Registration fee includes breakfast, lunch and materials. Mercy College will provide a certificate of contact hours at the completion of the conference. Checks, credit cards or purchase orders are accepted.
- $50 Students, Family Members, Individuals with I/DD, Mercy Alumni
- $100 Professionals (Early Bird Fee)
- $125 Professionals (By February 15th)