Upcoming Community Events
Friday, March 24, 2017
Location: Select Human Services, Inc., 17-19 Marble Ave, Pleasantville , NY 10570
Time: 8:30 am - 9:30 am
Select Human Services, Inc., will host a breakfast presentation, “How Will The Appointment Secretary DeVos Affect My Child?” Littman Krooks attorney Marion Walsh, Esq., to speak. Light refreshments will be served. Registration for this event is required and can be found here. For additional information about this event, contact Tara Klein.
Wednesday, April 5, 2017
IEP and 504 Plan Clinic
Location: Littman Krooks LLP, 399 Knollwood Road (Suite 115), White Plains, NY 10603
Time: 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
The Individuals with Disabilities Education Act and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act provide important protections for children, adolescents and young adults with disabilities. You must be certain that your program is meeting your child’s needs.
If your child has an IEP or a 504 Plan or you think that he or she needs one, come to our clinic for a review. Time is of the essence to make sure you have an appropriate plan in place for your child.
Our free clinic will be held on:
- They will review your child’s evaluations, progress reports and IEPs or Section 504 plans. They will listen to your concerns on whether the program is meeting your child’s needs. They will provide information on whether legal representation or advocacy could help.
- Bring your child’s evaluations, progress reports, report cards, relevant correspondence and IEPs for Section 504 plans, if you child has one.
- All information provided shall remain confidential. However, the consultations do not create an attorney/client relationship and will only provide preliminary information.
You must RSVP to secure your spot. Reviews will not be conducted without an appointment. RSVP to Nicole Garcia at email@example.com or 914.898.2109.
- Wednesday, April 5, 2017
- 10:00AM – 3:00PM by appointment only. Each session will last for 30 minutes.
Wednesday, April 26, 2017
Location: Greenburgh Public Library, 300 Tarrytown Road , Elmsford, NY 10523
Time: 11:30 am - 12:30 pm
Presented by Littman Krooks LLP and New Frontiers in Learning
Depression, anxiety and mental health issues pose challenges for many students. If your college-bound student is susceptible to depression or anxiety, you should understand the transition process.
- Differences between high school and the world of postsecondary education
- Skills related to being a successful college student: executive functioning, independence, self-advocacy, and social communication
- Limitations and differences in parental support and advocacy
- How students must navigate and access the college environment and understand resources
- Understanding college withdrawal, accommodation and re-admission policies
- What to do in a possible crisis
- How to support a young adult resistant to help
- Student and parent legal rights
- Available resources
This workshop is open to parents, professionals and students.
Samantha Feinman, Director, New Frontiers in Learning
Marion Walsh, Esq., Attorney, Littman Krooks LLP
RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org or 914.898.2114. Please provide your name, phone number, email address and number of people attending
Saturday, April 29, 2017
2017 Yonkers Special Needs Fair
Location: PAL Building, 127 North Broadway, Yonkers, NY
Time: 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Stop by our table at this family-friendly event. Littman Krooks special education advocate, Nicole Garcia to attend. For more information, contact DaQueen Monroe at email@example.com.