Mitchell is a founding partner of Littman Krooks and leads the firm’s Corporate and Securities Department. He has represented issuers, underwriters and placement agents in hundreds of private and public securities offerings.
- Chair, Corporate & Securities Department
- Broker-Dealer and Investment Banking Matters
- Hospitality, Branding and Marketing Sectors
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Private Placements
- Private Investment Funds
- Public Companies & Public Offerings
- Secondary Market Transactions
- Special Purpose Acquisition Corporations
- U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
- Brooklyn Law School
- University of Rochester, cum laude, with distinction
- Member, New York County Lawyers Association Committee on Corporations
- Member, New York County Lawyers Association Committee on Securities and Exchange Commission
- Past Comments Editor, Brooklyn Journal of International Law
Mitchell Littman is a founding partner of Littman Krooks LLP and heads the firm’s corporate and securities department. His practice includes public and private offerings, broker- dealer and investment banking matters, secondary market transactions, venture and private equity capital investments and mergers and acquisitions. Mr. Littman’s clients consist of public and private companies, broker-dealers, investment banking firms and individual entrepreneurs. In his 33-year career, he has represented issuers, underwriters and placement agents in hundreds of private and public securities offerings, including reverse mergers, PIPEs, IPOs, SPACs, private placements and mergers and acquisitions.
The firm has a significant presence in the private secondary market, representing numerous broker-dealer sponsors and private partnerships in fund formation, private placement of fund interests and purchases of privately owned emerging growth technology companies.
Recent transactions by the firm, including public and private offerings, mergers and acquisitions, second- ary market purchases and corporate transactions in the hospitality/branding/marketing/sports areas may be found at the following link: https://www.littmankrooks.com/corporate/representative-transactions/
Mr. Littman graduated cum laude, with distinction, from the University of Rochester in 1980 and received his J.D. degree from Brooklyn Law School in 1983 where he served as Comments Editor of the Brooklyn Journal of International Law. While in law school, Mr. Littman served as a clerk to Hon. A. Simon Chrien, Eastern District of the New York. Mr. Littman is a member of the New York County Lawyers Association Committees on Corporations and Securities and Exchange Commission, and is admitted to the U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York.
Mr. Littman is a Guest Instructor at Brooklyn Law School, teaching seminars on mergers and acquisitions and corporate finance. He is also a frequent lecturer and panel participant at conferences concerning capital formation, private placements and securities law matters and is frequently quoted in news media and trade publications.
- Moderator –“Corporate Governance and the Small Cap Market” Panel – Marcum Conference June 2016
M &A Transactions – Brooklyn Law School, January 2016
- M & A Transactions – Brooklyn Law School, January 2015
- Marcum Microcap Conference, May 2014
- M & A Transactions – Brooklyn Law School, January 2014
- Crowdnetic Crowdfinance Conference 2013, December 2013
- New York International Gift Fair, January 2013
- Brooklyn Law School “Business Boot Camp”, January 2013
- The DealFlow Conference, December 2012
- Women Transforming Our Financial Markets Symposium, December 2012
- The JOBS Act: Transforming the Financial Markets, July 2012
- Marcum Microcap Conference, June 2012
- Capital Reformation & Crowdfunding Conference, May 2012
- Capital Creation and Crowdfunding Conference, March 2012
- Capital Creation Conference, January 2012
- Private Placements, Regulation D and the Growth of the Secondary Market, June 2011
- Broker/Dealer Conference – The Securities Industry in 2011 and Beyond, May 2011
- The Secondary Market for Private Shares (Webinar), April 2011
- The Private Company Stock Conference, Sept 2010
- Sunflower Children, a humanitarian aid organization providing survival and development care for impoverished children.
- Camp Sussex, a charity devoted to providing the opportunity for children of limited financial means to experience a traditional summer camp environment.
- Baby Buggy Inc., a non-profit organization dedicated to collecting and redistributing infant gear and clothing to families in need (Pro Bono General Counsel 2002 to 2006).
- New York Academy of Art, a graduate school offering advanced degrees in art (Pro Bono General Counsel 1991 to 1994).
- Jessica Simpson Selects Sequential Brands Group as Partner for the Jessica Simpson Collection Sequential Brands Group, Inc | Featuring Mitchell C. Littman, Littman Krooks LLP
- PIPES Surge on Muted Liquidity Concerns: Unregistered Deals Return The DealFlow Report | Featuring Mitchell C. Littman
- IPOs on Pace for Best Year Since 2000 The DealFlow Report | Featuring Mitchell C. Littman
- Q2 2014 Special Report: PIPES Lose Momentum with Biotech Sell-off The DealFlow Report | Featuring Mitchell C. Littman
- Fashion Mag Nylon All Torn Up as New CEO, Editorial Board Quit NYPost.com | By Keith J. Kelly featuring Mitchell C. Littman
- View All Press & Media