Large Firm Service. Small Firm Attention.
Date(s) - November 13, 2018
9:00 am - 4:30 pm
Categories No Categories
Littman Krooks partner Marion M. Walsh, Esq., to present.
Comply With the Latest Special Education Laws to Avoid Liability
With increasing numbers of students qualifying for special education services, professionals working with special needs children know that an understanding of special education law is crucial. You need to know the law in order to deal with complex questions that arise on a regular basis. Who pays when a special needs child is placed in private schooling at the parents’ election? How can a school create the least restrictive environment and promote inclusion to the best interests of all students? It can be costly if you don’t know. Register today!
- Strengthen your knowledge of how recent special education legislation affects school policies and operation.
- Learn what to do and what not to do in 504 plans.
- Evaluate the legal protection offered by the Individualized Education Program (IEP).
- Successfully handle disciplinary actions for students with disabilities.
- Explore the role of manifestation determination reviewing the legality of disciplinary actions.
- Understand the rights of special needs students so you can avoid inadvertent illegal actions that may lead to a lawsuit.
Who Should Attend
This basic-to-intermediate level seminar is designed specifically for professionals who work with children with special needs in a school setting. Those who should attend include:
- School Administrators
- Board Members
- School Psychologists
- Establishing the Framework of Special Education Law
- Section 504 Plan Documentation: What You Need to Know
- Unraveling the Requirements of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA)
- Successfully Handling Disciplinary Actions for Special Needs Students
- Ensuring Successful Due Process Procedures
- Protecting the Rights of Children with Special Needs
To register click here.