Large Firm Service. Small Firm Attention.
Date(s) - March 27, 2018
8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Categories No Categories
A day of discovery for parents, professionals, students, individuals with autism and cognitive delays.
- Technology Vendor Exhibits
- Cutting-Edge Technology Demonstrations
- Representatives from Microsoft & Apple
- A Series of Ignite Talks Featuring Real-Life Stories of Personal Tech Use
- Hand-On Breakout Sessions Covering Subjects Including Community Living, K-12 Education, Employment & Emerging Tech
- Keynote Speaker: David Banes, Director of his company David Banes Access and Inclusion Services and was formerly CEO, at Mada, Qatar Assistive Technology Centre addressing all aspects of access and inclusion through technology. He currently is working across the Middle East and Europe with a focus on building access infrastructure from policy to practice. Recent projects include the development of a response to disruptive innovation in the access industry, identifying solutions to meeting the needs of refugees with a disability, and building a business case for public investment in assistive technology, whilst supporting entrepreneurs to bring products and services to market. He has a particular interest in using technology to meet the needs of persons with learning disabilities and has worked extensively with both children and adults with a range of needs including those with autism, dyslexia and profound and complex needs.
Registration fee includes breakfast, lunch and materials. Mercy College will provide a certificate of contact hours at the completion of the conference. Checks, credit cards or purchase orders are accepted. $50 Students, Family Members, Individuals with I/DD, Mercy Alumni | $100 Professionals (Early Bird Fee) | $125 Professionals (After March 1st)