Large Firm Service. Small Firm Attention.
Date(s) - November 12, 2018 - November 13, 2018
Categories No Categories
Between the Tax Cuts & Jobs Act, Wayfair, state changes and ongoing regulation, nothing is the same as last year. Come to the AICPA’s National Tax Conference, hosted in the heart of the nation’s capital and online, to master what you need to know so you can develop the appropriate, cohesive tax defense and compliance strategy for both businesses and individuals.
Beyond the long view, the conference will help you skillfully maneuver within the present timeframe. Guidance direct from the IRS, Treasury and the DOJ, combined with peers’ experiences and insights, will help you find the best path forward in advising your clients.
One of the most popular features of this conference is seeing how the same topic looks different from varying viewpoints, all of them correct, from the IRS, Treasury, DOJ or the practitioner. Come for a different lens on your daily decisions.
Who Should Attend?
CPAs and other financial professionals at every experience level, who are involved with tax planning, consulting and complianc
Littman Krooks partner, Bernard A. Krooks, Esq., to present on Tuesday November 13, 2018:
- Elder Planning (10:40 AM – 12:30 PM)
- America is aging. The fastest growing segment of our population is the age 65 and over category. As people age, they confront myriad financial and health care issues. The speaker will discuss these issues and offer various solutions. Relevant tax considerations will also be addressed.
- Learning objectives: Identify the needs of our aging population so that relevant issues can be identified and addressed.
- Prerequisite: Basic knowledge of federal as well as state and local taxes as well as how to plan and implement tax strategies for your clients.
- Special Needs Planning (11:40 AM – 12:30 PM )
- This session will address how to improve the quality of life of an individual with special needs without reducing or eliminating any means-tested government benefits which the individual is entitled to. The speaker will give an overview of the various government benefits available and the different types of trusts that may be used to supplement those benefits.
- Learning objectives:Determine the basics of government benefits available to individuals with special needs & Recognize how to use trusts to supplement those benefits.
- Prerequisite: Basic knowledge of federal as well as state and local taxes as well as how to plan and implement tax strategies for your clients
Download the brochure here. | View the agenda here. | Save $100 when you use my code: SCQ. Earn up to 18 CPE through sessions designed with you in mind.