Large Firm Service. Small Firm Attention.
Date(s) - April 26, 2017
11:30 am - 12:30 pm
Presented by Littman Krooks LLP and New Frontiers in Learning
Depression, anxiety and mental health issues pose challenges for many students. If your college-bound student is susceptible to depression or anxiety, you should understand the transition process.
- Differences between high school and the world of postsecondary education
- Skills related to being a successful college student: executive functioning, independence, self-advocacy, and social communication
- Limitations and differences in parental support and advocacy
- How students must navigate and access the college environment and understand resources
- Understanding college withdrawal, accommodation and re-admission policies
- What to do in a possible crisis
- How to support a young adult resistant to help
- Student and parent legal rights
- Available resources
This workshop is open to parents, professionals and students.
Samantha Feinman, Director, New Frontiers in Learning
Marion Walsh, Esq., Attorney, Littman Krooks LLP
RSVP to email@example.com or 914.898.2114. Please provide your name, phone number, email address and number of people attending