Large Firm Service. Small Firm Attention.
Date(s) - October 16, 2015
10:00 am - 2:00 pm
Parents and Family Members come join us for this free six-session training to learn about the special education process, how it directly impacts your child’s education and how to effectively advocate for your child. Topics covered throughout this series include:
- Developing an effective team with your district and fostering the parent/school connection
- Successful methods to approach CPSE/CSE meetings
- Developing an effective IEP
- Understanding your Child’s evaluations as well as classifications and placement options
- NYS Rules and Regulations governing special education
- Behavioral issues, Functional Behavior Assessments and Plans
- Transition planning – when to begin and tools to assist with transition planning
- Due process
- Positive Communication Skills
The trainings will be held on Wednesdays and Fridays: October 7th, 9th, 14th, 16th, 21st and 23rd From 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. (lunch will be provided). There is no fee for this series but you must register and attend all six sessions. This series is limed to Parents, Guardians & Family Members of Special Needs Children.
To RSVP, or if you have questions, please contact: Denise Green at 845.228.7457 x. 1102 or firstname.lastname@example.org.