Large Firm Service. Small Firm Attention.
Date(s) - July 27, 2016
3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Categories No Categories
- Presenter: Alexandra Doupis is a senior paralegal with the law firm of Littman Krooks LLP. She concentrates her work in the areas of Medicaid, elder law, estate planning, and guardianships. Ms. Doupis has more than 15 years of experience as a paralegal. Her primary responsibilities include educating the firm’s clients about establishment of their Medicaid benefits, including any post eligibility planning. She also is responsible for communicating with clients and providing assistance in gathering necessary documents in preparation of their Medicaid applications for community and nursing home benefits. In addition, Ms. Doupis works with clients to secure the necessary information to begin the process of guardianship proceedings. She provides guidance and support to the firm’s partners, attorneys, paralegals and administrative staff. Such assistance includes the initial client intake during their consultation with the firm’s attorneys, and outlining the summary plan for services and assistance based on the client’s needs for legal services.
Assist Clients with Medicaid Eligibility and Applications
For most Americans, Medicaid is the primary source of payment for nursing home and other long-term care. Are you effectively applying the latest best practices to help attorneys protect clients’ assets and facilitate earlier Medicaid eligibility? This paralegal course will provide you with pointers and sample documents so you can assist with Medicaid planning, asset transfers, prepare Medicaid applications and handle common post-application issues. Register today!
- Enhance your understanding of Medicaid eligibility requirements and planning tools.
- Effectively execute asset transfers to qualify clients for Medicaid.
- Take a step-by-step walk through a sample Medicaid application, and have all the supporting documentation at the ready.
Who Should Attend:
This intermediate level course will teach attendees how to handle the paralegal duties associated with Medicaid planning and applications. Those who should attend include:
- Legal Technicians
- Legal Assistants
- Legal Support Staff
- Medicaid Eligibility Requirements: A Practical Overview
- Client Intake: Questions, Obtaining Key Documents, Creating the File
- Medicaid Planning Tools: What Paralegals Need to Know
- Executing Asset Transfers
- Medicaid Applications: Step-by-Step Walkthrough (w/Sample)
- Collecting and Assembling Supporting Documentation
- Filing Process and Tips
- Troubleshooting Common Issues (Pre- and Post-Application)
- Medicaid Appeals: Pointers for Paralegals
Click here to register.