Large Firm Service. Small Firm Attention.
Date(s) - September 13, 2016 - September 14, 2016
Categories No Categories
Significant federal transfer tax developments have recently occurred, including the new income tax basis consistency requirements under the Service Transportation and Veterans Health Care Choice Improvement Act of 2015, and the Internal Revenue Service’s proposed regulations under the Achieving a Better Life Experience (“ABLE”) Act. In addition, President Obama’s budget for the government’s fiscal year ending September 30, 2016 contains additional major proposals for federal transfer tax and income tax changes.
The program will review these transfer tax developments, proposed federal tax law changes and state law developments, and discuss how they may impact estate, trust and transfer income tax planning, and how they may impact the administration of decedents’ estates. Moreover, the program will review other recent developments regarding estate, trust and transfer tax and income tax planning.
What You Will Learn
• An update on recent developments in all areas of estate, trust and transfer tax planning
• A review of the new income tax basis consistency requirements
• A review of the Administration’s current transfer tax and income tax proposals
• Drafting estate planning documents to comply with and take advantage of current transfer tax laws
• Income tax planning for estates and trusts
• A review of the Service’s proposed regulations under the ABLE Act
• Portability’s advantages and pitfalls
Who Should Attend
Attorneys and other professionals who specialize in estate planning and life insurance and transfer tax planning, including accountants, financial planners, trust officers, and anyone else whose practice requires a solid understanding of estate planning.
Bernard A. Krooks, Esq., Littman Krooks LLP, will present the Elder Law and Special Needs Update on Day One (September 13, 2016) at 11:30 AM.
Registration can be found here.