Large Firm Service. Small Firm Attention.
Date(s) - September 12, 2017
2:30 pm - 3:30 pm
Significant federal transfer tax and related income tax developments may occur during the first eight months of the Trump Administration, including the possible repeal of the federal estate tax. The program will review any such transfer tax developments, and discuss how they may impact estate, trust and income tax planning, and how they may impact the administration of decedents’ estates. Moreover, the program will review other recent developments regarding estate, trust and transfer tax and income tax planning.
What You Will Learn
- Ethical considerations for attorneys acting as fiduciaries or beneficiaries
- Income tax basis planning with GRATs and QPRTs
- Less sophisticated, but important planning techniques
- Trust selection, the tax rules, and drafting techniques
- Asset protection planning
- Fiduciary income tax
- The Uniform Law dealing with digital assets
. . . and much more!
- Earn one hour of Ethics credit
Bernard A Krooks, Esq., will present the “Trusts & Estates: Elder Law & Special Needs Update”on Day 2 (September 12, 2017) consisting of:
- Special Needs Planning Update: Special Needs Trust Fairness Act, ABLE accounts, Drafting issues for first-party and third-party trusts, Administration issues for first-party and third-party trusts.
- Elder Law Update: Recent proposals and changes, Planning for married couples, Long-term care insurance, Medicare and Medicaid.
*Register today by calling: 800.260.4754 or click here: http://www.pli.edu/re.aspx?pk=186116&t=FPA7_FCLTY?
*When registering over the phone or online, please refer to Priority Code FPA7