Large Firm Service. Small Firm Attention.
Date(s) - October 8, 2015
4:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Planning for individuals with special needs and their families is taking on increased importance in estate planning practices as the number of people who are affected by these issues continues to increase. How do estate-planning professionals appropriately address these issues so that an individual’s eligibility for means-tested government benefits is not jeopardized when the individual and/or family members (or others) wish to put aside money to help improve the quality of life of that person?
In this webinar, Bernard A. Krooks, Esq., will discuss the various types of Special Needs Trusts that are available and when and how to use each of those trusts. They will also discuss drafting tips and various issues that may arise during the administration of these trusts.
Attend this webinar and learn:
- When it is appropriate to consider a Special Needs Trust
- Which type of Special Needs Trust should be utilized
- What government benefits are available for individuals with disabilities
- How to assist a client in selecting a proper trustee for these trusts
- The tax consequences of setting up a Special Needs Trust
- How to minimize and address conflicts that may arise during the administration of a Special Needs Trusts