Large Firm Service. Small Firm Attention.
Date(s) - November 4, 2015
Categories No Categories
Time: Sessions are from 2:00 PM – 4:00 PM & 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM
Description: Family members and friends of individuals with special needs invariably want to build financial security for them. Special care must be taken, though, in setting aside funds for the well-being of these individuals. A special needs trust, also referred to as a supplemental needs trust, is an estate planning tool that protects funds intended to enrich the life of a loved one with special needs, while preserving eligibility for public benefits.
Please join us for this free workshop. Littman Krooks attorneys will present the most current information on the legal and planning issues of a special needs trust and how families can benefit from it.
Topics will include:
- Special Needs Planning: steps to be taken if a child/family member is disabled.
- The importance of a special needs trust and its role in an estate plan
- Coordination of government benefits with special needs planning
- Guardianships and advance directives
- Review of the ABLE Act and its impact on special needs planning
- Transition Planning and the IEP
Registration is required. Please RSVP at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, phone number, the number of people attending, and which session you will attend (2PM-4PM or 6PM-8PM).