Large Firm Service. Small Firm Attention.
Date(s) - October 27, 2015
6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Categories No Categories
Littman Krooks LLP and New Frontiers in Learning are offering a free workshop to parents of students with learning or emotional challenges. This workshop will provide guidelines on navigating the college application and transition process. This workshop will focus on the application process, legal differences between high school and college, and the skills related to being a successful college student such as executive functioning, independence, self-advocacy, and social communication.
Topics to be discussed include:
- differences in services/accommodations between high school and college
- what to reveal in the application process
- how college students with learning or emotional disabilities struggle with the transition
- how to develop the key skills necessary for a successful transition to college
This workshop is offered at no charge and is open to parents, teachers, special education directors…and anyone helping students to apply and attend college.
- Marion Walsh, Esq., Special Education Attorney, Littman Krooks LLP
- Samantha Feinman, MSEd, TSHH, Director, New Frontiers in Learning
Registration for this workshop is required. Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 23, 2015.