Large Firm Service. Small Firm Attention.
Date(s) - November 2, 2017
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Categories No Categories
Gain a Legal Overview of Complex Discipline Issues That Affect Students with Behavioral Issues
Although no educator enjoys it, disciplining students is a common part of any school day and can create complicated legal dilemmas for any school. Moreover, disciplining students whose misbehavior is a manifestation of their disabilities is also all too common, requiring a great deal of patience in addition to creating a whole other series of tricky legal issues. These situations require copious amounts of documentation, and this documentation has to be legally sound. Are you up to date on the latest rules and standards? Learn techniques that you can use to avoid discipline problems and to ensure that your school stays legally compliant when they happen. Register today!
- Ensure your understanding of essential student discipline regulations and legal procedures remains up to date.
- Understand what response strategies are legally appropriate for certain disruptive behaviors, such as unwanted physical and sexual gestures, advances or exhibitions.
- Gain information on when a functional behavior assessment is necessary and on useful procedures to conduct one.
- Create legally substantive IEPs that provide students with the educational benefits they need.
- Get the latest on how to legally suspend and expel students with behavioral issues under IDEA.
- Know the legal implications of the bullying of special needs students under various federal laws.
- Effectively create and implement a school-wide discipline plan that avoids problems before they occur.
“Creating Discipline Plans That Work” will be presented by Marion M. Walsh, Esq., Littman Krooks LLP from 3:40PM – 4:30PM.
Who Should Attend:
This basic-to-intermediate level seminar is designed for school administrators, teachers, principals and vice principals, counselors, psychologists, social workers, school nurses, special education program specialists, attorneys, and paralegals.
Click here for the seminar outline. Click here to register.
NY Teacher Education Credit – 6.0
IACET – 0.6
NY CLE – 7.0
NJ CLE – 7.2
PA CLE – 6.0
$359 for the first registrant
$349 for each additional registrant