Large Firm Service. Small Firm Attention.
Date(s) - December 7, 2018
9:00 am - 4:30 pm
Learn How to Accurately Draft Special Education Documents
Are you accurately drafting IEPs and 504 Plans? Can you create BIPs and FBAs that are error free? Are you properly documenting Manifestation Determination Reviews and PWNs? These documents, if drafted incorrectly, have the potential to cause many legal issues for schools if they aren’t properly prepared and carried out. In this essential full-day course, experienced attorney faculty will walk you through the most significant special education documents, showing you how to appropriately draft, record and document vital information to avoid liability, track goals and ensure positive learning outcomes for students. Register today!
- Confidently prepare general evaluations and reevaluations.
- Create legally appropriate 504 Plans that ensure a level playing field for eligible students.
- Prepare sound progress reports and track goals.
- Record behavioral data, Functional Behavioral Assessments (FBAs), and Behavior Intervention Plans (BIPs).
- Document Manifestation Determination Reviews and create discipline documents.
- Find out how to properly develop PWNs and accurately document decisions made by the team.
- Learn how to keep a prudent paper trail for parent and teacher communication.
Who Should Attend
This basic-to-intermediate level program on creating legally compliant special education documents is for:
- School Principals and Vice-Principals
- School Superintendents and Assistant Superintendents
- School Psychologists
- School Counselors
- Special Education Teachers
- General Education Teachers
Littman Krooks partner Marion M. Walsh, Esq., to present.