A good estate plan contains many different elements, and as a result it is important to take an organized approach to starting the process. Answering some basic questions can help get your estate planning moving smoothly:
• Who is going to take care of your loved ones and minor children?
• Will your loved ones be financial stable?
• What is the value of your assets and who do you want to receive them?
• Who should manage your assets during your lifetime if you cannot?
• Who will make your health care decisions if you cannot speak for yourself?
• Do you have any final wishes for your funeral arrangements?
• Who will be your voice in executing your will and other directives?
Answering all of these questions will help you and your lawyer start getting the proper estate planning documents into place.
To learn more about New York Estate Planning, visit LittmanKrooks.com.