Special Needs Planning for Families of Persons with Disabilities
Bernard A. Krooks, Esq., Sheryl Frishman, Esq., and Marion Walsh, Esq., speak at a series of seminars on Special Needs Planning, Guardianship and Special Education Advocacy issues in the coming months. See Seminar listing for more information.
Have you planned for the future of your loved one with special needs?
At Littman Krooks LLP, a New York City, White Plains or Fishkill Special Needs Trust lawyer will help you with Medicaid Planning and planning for your loved one with special needs trusts and comprehensive estate planning. Special Needs Planning is one of our core practice areas. A Littman Krooks experienced Special Education Advocacy attorney can also help with Special Education Advocacy issues.
Our New York City, White Plains and Fishkill Special Needs Trust attorneys of Littman Krooks recognize that caregivers do not add up the cost of support and caring for an individual with a disability. Caregivers provide many services naturally and willingly to loved ones to help enhance their quality of life:
- Social service coordinator
- Job coach
- Personal care attendant
- Money manager
- Recreation director
If you become unable to provide these services or die without planning for the continuation of these services, your loved one’s quality of life may suffer.
How our experienced Littman Krooks New York City, White Plains or Fishkill Special Needs Trust attorneys can help.
A Littman Krooks New York City, White Plains or Fishkill Special Trust Planning attorney will:
- Establish comprehensive care plans organized so that monies for your loved one with special needs will not be at risk from estate taxes or the long-term care costs of caregivers
- Assist with applying for SSI benefits for a person with disabilities
- Apply and qualify for Medicaid for a person with disabilities
- Provide for a person with special needs in your Will
- Apply for Article 17A or Article 81 Guardianship
- Set up a Special Needs Trust
- Set up a Supplemental Needs Trust
- Inform you of the estate planning options available to you
- Assist families with long term care planning for loved ones with special needs
Our New York City, White Plains or Fishkill Special Needs Trust attorneys will assist our clients with long-term care and asset preservation and protection planning for loved ones with disabilities:
- Asset protection plans
- Special needs trusts
- Supplemental needs trusts
- Family trusts and agreements
- Family care agreements
- Durable powers of attorney
- Health care proxies and living wills
- Medicaid applications and appeals for long-term care and home care
- Social Security and SSI disability